computer won't turn on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I think I'm in trouble here. I'm on my bro's computer btw. OK last night I was downloading and burning a movie on dvd. So I went to sleep, and when I wake up, my computer is turned off. And when I went to turn on, nothing happens. So I unplugged the power, and replugged it, still nothing. Then I turned off the switch, then turned it back on. I try to turn it on, but this time I see the lights of the fans flicker...thats it. I checked inside, nothing seems to be burned or anything. So what do you guys think?

lol, the company of the power supply, was diablotek, if that has anything to do with it. So what is a good brand, that will not die on me. I'm looking for a 400W with a considerably low price.

OK, I tried the PSU that originally came with my computer, and the computer did start. So I guess its the other PSU that died, only lasted 2 weeks. I'm looking to get a new one. What are the really good brands that are reliable.

nitestick said:
you should try another psu if possible first or if nothing else google how to "jump" a powersupply to turn it on without the motherboard

I tried another PSU, and the computer ran....I tried jumping the PSU, but nothing happened, so does this mean the PSU is completely dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom