Ordering Parts Tommorow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_PC

In Runtime
Basically, things have changed and im now able to order my Parts sooner than expected(possibly tommorow) I just want you to check over all of this to make sure its all ok.

What I will be ordering:
BFG GeForce 7900GT OC
Abit AN8 32X MOBO
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+
WD Caviar SE16 250GB 16MB Cache HD
Samsung SM-930BF Monitor
Belkin 1200VA Universal series UPS
Enermax Liberty 620W PSU
Func 1030 Mousemat
WD secure connect Serial ATA cable
Belkin Cat5e Network Patch Cable 10m(for connecting to my Router)

Things ive already got:
Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT RAM
Gigabyte G-Power cooler Pro HSF
Vantec 3.5" Hard Drive cooler
Liteon SHM-165P6S-02C 16x DVD±RW/RAM
Sony Internal 3.5" Black Floppy drive
Thermaltake Shark(Black) Case
Sennheiser PC160 headset
Logitech Z4 Speakers
Arctic Silver 5
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse

Thanks!

You don't really need the UPS but if you want to it will be fine, I can't even remember the last power cut I have had... With NTFS format on the HDD the data will not become corrupt if not properly shut down.

All the parts are fine though.

I live in the middle of nowhere... literaly, im surrounded by sheep and farms lol(Wales!) and i get power cuts quite often, if im doing some important A level work or whatever id rather it kept going so i could save :D

Also what were you refering to when you said:
With NTFS format on the HDD the data will not become corrupt if not properly shut down.
If it was the hard drive cooler then i think i bought that so i could bump up the price of an order so id get free shipping or something.

Thanks for the reply

It is an option XP will ask you when you are in set-up. It has nothing to do with hardware. Word autosaves btw. but if you get powercuts often then it would be worth it.

Trifid said:
It is an option XP will ask you when you are in set-up. It has nothing to do with hardware. Word autosaves btw. but if you get powercuts often then it would be worth it.

Ive heard about the differences between NTFS and FAT32 etc cos ive just formatted my external HDD to NTFS :D was just wondering what you were refering to, nevermind.

Any other opinions?

maybe you can change ur mobo to a DFI Lanparty, Preferably the SLI-DR but if you want you can go with the Ultra-D, its cheaper, same performance i guess, and you can mod it to SLi wen u need it.

Awesome setup man.

There is nothing wrong with the Enermax PSU and 44amps over the dual rails will be more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom