HighContrast STUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
So, I reinstalled XP one day... and after I forgot the install the drivers and such (duh) that came in the App Sys Recovery CD. Naturally, the screen was a little blurry and all... (no video drivers) I was like this is weird, it had better contrast before, so I went to the control panel and clicked on this High Contrast setting... then I turned on some function that "made things easier to read"... I thought that was the solution to the problem... I did not even imagine to install the drivers for some reason. Stupid mistake on my part.

So everytime I visit a website, it only shows it in black and white, maybe some color... like if I were to go on Digg, no blue would show... so I tried to go back to CP to disable it, but when I click on High contrast, it's a dead link... It doesn't take me anywhere... so everytime I want to see colors and stuff on web pages, I have to go to the CP, and press Left Shift + alt + prt scr (This turns off the setting ONLY for when I am logged in... it goes back to normal -- black/white -- whenever I reboot the system)... Any ideas on how to fix it?

Some basic info:

It happens on both browsers, FF and IE.

I'm on XP Professional SP2.

Everything aside from web surfing is not affected. In other words, it only happens when I'm browsing the web. Everything is normal on the desktop/apps/files etc.

Well... I just reformatted. None of the HP technicians knew what to do, no one at TF, and neither did I. It seemed easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom