Motherboard question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RAM shouldnt be a problem but pre-made up computers like these usually have really difficult motherboards because they tend to be a different size so im not sure on that one. Have a look on the pc analyzer tool to see if it says the size of your motherboard or what form factor it is. Only other way is to measure it yourself which could be difficult.

Well if what you say about the ram is true, then that's great news. I was worrying cause I'm on a tight budget. I searched for the model number of motherboard I have and it says Micro ATX, 9.6x9.6 inches. So I'm going to search for another micro ATX board and repost it for some more feedback. Knowing that the ram 2700 thing doesn't matter much will make it slightly easier.

Ok but im sure the RAM will be fine cos with my motherboard you can have pc2100/pc2700/pc3200 working in it.

ya ram shouldn't be a problem.

just make sure your powersupply is adequate for the 6800gs

looks good.

just keep in mind that this has only 2 ram dimms. you said you added a gig, donno how many ram sticks you have exactly.

Yeah that does look good. As the guy above said you might want to get a board that can support up to 4 gb then you wont need to upgrade it for a bit longer.

I think that'll do, I have a single stick gig, so I think all will be go fine. Now I just gotta go through the trouble of ordering and installing it. It'll be a learning experience. Thanks for the help guys, thanks a lot actually.

No problem. I am currently building my first pc, i put in the motherboard just the other day and its relatively easy i didnt need any help just check the manual it should tell u all in there.

My new mobo:

Thermaltake Tsunami
Hiper R type 580W PSU
Asus A8R32 MVP Crossfire 3200 Deluxe
Kingston 1GB PC3200
Maxtor Diamondmax 250 GB hdd
(Deciding CPU and GFX card(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom