OMG...can someone help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayare012

In Runtime
Ok.... well i had this computer sitting for quite a while now and i decided i was going to use it again so i go to power it up. Having done nothing to the computer since i expected the norm. When i power it up it lists the system specs some other stuff and then goes to a black screen. After about 15 seconds it says no operating system found. Well.... i put in the xp disk. Nothing happens. I put in a different xp disk... Nothing happens. Ive tried different hdds. Nothing works. Ive tried booting off the cd drive. Still doesnt work. I get the same message everytime. Well except with different hdd's cuz when i do that it goes to that start windows thing. you know where u crash and u get to choose safemode and whatnot. Then it still wont boot on any of the options. Ok... well im sitting here really agrivated and bored. I cannot tihnk of anything else to do.

When u turn it on does a blue screen flash up with white writing on it? because i had that problem ages ago. What i did was disconnect any hardware that wasnt needed and unnecessary peripherals so it was just running on what it needed (you can keep the gfx card in) see what happens then.

When windows installs on a hdd, it looks at the hardware configuration. When you interchange hdd's from another system, windows WILL NOT WILL NOT WILL NOT WILL NOT boot because UNLESS the computer the old hdd was in was the exact same hardware as the one that wont boot now...

i used the same old hdd and got the problem. This was before ever trying any other hdd's. And um... would it matter if it was a pirated xp. lol i have a real copy installed on my hp but um the one i tried to install on the other was off the net.

back up the files u want to keep (put em on a cd or dvd) insert the real xp cd and it gives u the option to format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom