Advice for an Amature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller500

Beta member
Ok so I have decided its time for me to get a new computer. i have never bulit my own computer before but I decided,(after a few recomondations), to get a Barebone Sytem and add everything else to it my self. The sytme I have chosen can be found @ this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856101237. Now, I have never heard of the Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel Pentium 4, and I was just wondering if it was a good chip or if its crap.Oh and what kind of RAM would i need to buy to be compatiable with the motherboard that comes with the system. Also if anybody has any other tips since my first time bulding a computer I would apperciate it. Thanks.

I would use AMD myself, something with a Athlon 64 3000+ in it would do. What are you going to be useing it for ?

That is Intels latest socket (been out a while now.) And you can put the standard single and the dual core CPU's in it as long as it is socket 775.

There are a few 775 barebones on that link.

If you go intel get a P4 with a cedar mill core, prescotts overheat, and you can overclocki the cedar mill's to around 4.5ghz on air, and around 5ghz on water, and if you have liquid nitro coling it can go al the way up to 7ghz.

but if you go intel wait to see if conroe can work with a 975X mobo so you dont have to upgrade your mobo if you switch to conore.

If you're going to buy it right now i recommend like everyone else would be is get and amd system as they perform better than intels.

Or you can get that one mobo that zuchinni said and just get an p4 cedar mill, and later on wait until the conroe comes out and buy one those beasts.

sorry you cant post that link it's secure which means it's private for you and when we click on it it goes to our newegg wishlists.

and the conroe mobo thing, if it worked with an intel mobo nearly identical to the gigabyte i was thinking of getting with the same chipset dont you think it would run conroe?

heres the mobo, the cooling is sweet
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128002

even comes with soundblaster live which isn't the best but it's still better than any integrated sound.

soo.. did he say what he is using it for? i didnt chatch that in this post.. what gaming workstation .. grafics rendering? ..... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom