Theme Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanch3

Daemon Poster
Hey all,

does anyone know where to get good Windows Vista style theme packs for Win XP Pro ??

WindowsBlinds 5 would be your best bet. After that go to joejoe.biz and look thru his download section. He has some great downlaods for WB themes and Icons from Vista 5308.

Those methods are your best bet but you should know if you use those products your system resources are going to be used I heard that StyleXP also comes bundled with some software not sure if it's true.

Tyler1989 said:
Those methods are your best bet but you should know if you use those products your system resources are going to be used I heard that StyleXP also comes bundled with some software not sure if it's true.
WB5 does not use System Resources!!!!

It replaces the uxltheme.dll now. Or whatever the theme file is for XP. I think the uxltheme.dll is the Vista theme. But to clarify WB% does not use resources anymore. So please make sure you clarify that.

No where on my task manager is windowsblinds located. Not even the Icon packager i use to replace my XP icons with Vista is on my task manager. So those 2 products do not use system resources.

Is there any way too add themes to the actual windows themes in display properties?

Ive used windowblinds before and it seemed to slow down my computer alot. Maybe you have it set up different?

Windowsblinds 5 is totally differnt than before. With WB4 and before it would use resources but not they have it set up to jsut replace the windows theme. It doesnt use resources anymore. It is basically like doing it thru the display properties but with Windowsblinds acting as the Display properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom