Flickering graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodean

Beta member
I upgraded my graphics card a few months ago to a Geforce fx 5500 and have been having problems with strange shapes flickering over the screen. This can usually be sorted out by minimising the game to windows and then maximing a few times. After that all games run fine until I restart my computer and then it happens again. This did not happen with my old graphics card.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:

untitled.jpg

Is the problem my graphics card or is it a driver issue. I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers but this did not solve the issue.
Thanks for the help.

looks like the GPU is over heating. d/l nvtemplogger to see what temp ur GPU is at. and also just put some fan next to GPU blowing air will help bringing temp down. or mb re-seat the GPU again, make sure its seated proerly. fx5500 is not really a powerful card for games. it could be just the card couldnt hundle the graphix. not sure.

Since you already got the newest drivers, I agree it is probably overheating. Check out the temp and tell us. In farcry my 7800 gt also gets a few flickers, and parts of the ground are black, even though I know it's not overheating.

yeah I have graphical problems with far cry, my fx5700U was fine with it but my 6800 and my 7800GS are all over the place.
If its just far cry try reinstalling the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom