Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ubuntu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andycool22

Beta member
I had an idea today. I know a lot about computers. A lot of people I know don't, and they don't want to pay 100$ an hour to some PC Repair company to come fix their computer when it breaks. I like to help people out.

Here's my idea: Is there any software out there, or could software be created, that would help someone like me package together different programs?

For example, a lot of people have spyware or virus problems. When I go help people out, I try to install for them a firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc. Would there be a program to get the installers for these, and the most recent updates and virus definitions? Then I could put them on a flash drive or burn them to a CD, and then install them on the user's computers.

Yesterday I was fixing someone's computer that had dial-up internet, and I had been there before. The anti-virus database said it was out of date, and when I started downloading updated definitions, it was going to take 40 minutes. I didn't really have that kind of time to spend there.

Would there be a program that would get for me the most up to date versions of SpywareBlaster, AVG Anti-Virus, Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, etc., and then get the updated virus definitions, etc. for them, then put them on a flash drive and take them to my people?

I think that would be a cool thing. Maybe it could be established with some kind of dynamic website or possibly RSS.

well, the title said ''open source'' too, and i would favor software if it was open source and/or free. i use windows though.....so if the post can be moved or whatever it could go in that section. i've got suse linux installed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom