CPU (quieter) cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hi everybody,
I finnally have my new rig together andi LOVE it! The only thing i don't like is the noise level of my CPU fan. I have the Athlon 3700+ (939) and am using the stock heatsink and fan.
I want to get a large(ish) fan and heatsink so it won't have to go as fast and won't be as noisy. I have a MSI K8N neo-4 motherboard, will this be compatable with a 120mm cooler? Also, what are the benefits with copper, Alluminum or mix for the heatsink?
My price ranhge is about $50 but i don't want to cheap out on quality. Any reccomendations?

Copper has higher thermal conductivity = better.

Zalman aero flower would be my choice. It will be tall enough to go over the ram so you should be able to use all the DIMM slots.

A titan vanessa L-type is a very good cooler, but you gotta like its design, and its sorta big but not really.

Copper works best but costs more, and mixed is always a cheaper version of an all copper model(this doesnt apply to the Vanessa L-type)

and of course, Zalmans has always been pretty darn good

you gotta be kiddin , you obviously dont know much about noise levels 27dba is very quiet

I know exactly how load 30db's is and I know it is not very close to quiet. 20db would be closer to my definition of quiet.

first of let me remind you , you were talking on the 27dba one , most ppl wont hear the diffrence between 27 to 20 , not to mention youll never find a 92mm fan with 15-20dba and even if you will (i highly doubt it) then it will be very low on the CFM.. which is bad

I have 2 92mm fans rated at 18db that move 29cfm, this will be fine with a all copper heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom