what limits OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
well, is it just the temp, i mean providing you can keep it cool, and supply it with eneugh juice could ya keep going with it?

Im not an expert or anything but i know eventualy it will be voltage, temp, instablility, or a combo of them. Ive heard of pens bridging at a certen voltage also (dont quote me on anything, just my $.02)

Temperature would rarely become an issue with most enthusiast overclockers as they'll previously take measures to prevent it from creating a ceiling

Voltage would be the main limiting factor considering in theory you should be able to clock a core much higher assuming the transistors could handle those sorts of environments in a 24/7 setting

Of course if you wanna get really technical you could assume your BIOS settings could limit your overclock assuming you are able to reach your maximum multiplier and FSB settings and feel you can still go further

oh interesting, so presumably you may be able to alter the mobo so its capable of delivering more voltage, and then some how edit the bios so you could really increse the fsb

Your ram wont me a big limiter as there are mem dividers to help you. It's all just your CPU limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom