DVD ROM Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Beta member
Hey,

I just built my pc last night.When i boot it up to the bios it will always detect the sata hard drive and sometimes detect the two dvd rom ide drives. When the DVD ROm drive are detected they working flawlessly but when the arnt detected they dont even open and the light doesnt even come on. I think it may be the power supply(450 Watt) because they dont even turn on and i opted for a cost effective one.

Any thoughts, opinions, recomendations would greatly apprectiated

Thanks

Stocky

I Had the master slave configuration set to c select but will try switching the master slave configuration. What can i do about the power supply issue....buy a new power supply?

Thanks for all your help

hey
ive done everything you and even replaced the power supply with an antec power supply but i still am having problems with the dvd rom drive

any ideas?

It is DEFINATLY a power issue of some kind... Likely INSIDE of the DVD drive. I would recommend testing them in a different computer, or try returning them.

The trays should eject NO MATTER WHAT, as long as there is power to the drive. Even if the computer doesn't POST, the try will still eject. Sounds like a Faulty drive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom