Intel's Last Chip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was scared for a second...i thought intel was going to be bought out by AMD (that will take another 10 years, and even AMD will be crap by then)

Intel is a HUGE company. They may be losing to AMD in terms of performance and price. But Intel has many different assests besides processors. If AMD wanted to buy out Intel, it would have to save a lot of pennies.

intel sells about 5 times more processors because of its advertising and its deals with other companies such as dell and gateway. AMD do currently have better chips, tho that is most likely going change soon, but intel is much better at letting ppl know that their product is out there.

and there going to soon become even bigger now that theyre partnered with apple

Netburst can be a successful design if it was complimented by the right clock frequencies...you can see those current 65nm based Netburst chips clocked up at 6GHz are absolutely stomping AMD cores in the 3GHz+ range, netburst needed those insanely high clockspeeds to be successfully and unfortunetely it seemed the 90nm wafers couldn't yeild high enough speedbinns to work properly

You also have to consider the production costs on these chips are much much lower than any AMD core availible so Intel has gradually been gaining a lot of lost ground in the performance market, as well as in the cost/performance ratio

gaara said:
Netburst can be a successful design if it was complimented by the right clock frequencies...you can see those current 65nm based Netburst chips clocked up at 6GHz are absolutely stomping AMD cores in the 3GHz+ range, netburst needed those insanely high clockspeeds to be successfully and unfortunetely it seemed the 90nm wafers couldn't yeild high enough speedbinns to work properly

yeah im still waiting to see if conroe will work on 975X chipset, so i might get one of those, and maybe water cool it so i can get in the 5ghz range.

And if AMD were to buy intel, unless people cought on that AMD is better and they make a TON of money, a pig would fly out of my ***, take a dump, and use that crap to find a way to make crap powered cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom