Building a computer.. :)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keadonen

In Runtime
ok heres the deal, i have 650-700$ with now probably raise that to about 1000-1200$(i hope... :( )by the end of spring. if i am to build a "decent" computer any idea's of what to buy? also should i start buying stuff right now or wait a little bit until i have all my money together.
I dont need a monitor becuase my internet provider that i am gonna get high speed from is giving me a free 19 inch :) so that takes off 200$ or so.
I do play pc games (bf2 mostly) so i wanna run that good, i dont care about the shadows though(i prefer without them)
and i wouldnt mind overclocking my processor a bit :) (that also means i want a good fan)

OH and would it be better to have 2 80GB hd's or just one 160?

Prob you would want to wait. By the time u have the money, stuffs will be cheaper.
2 HDs will allow you to go RAID. That makes your HD faster, compared to a single 160 GB.
When you are ready to purchase, prob some guys will helf you out with the specs.

yaeh u should wait until u order, we will be here to help u and prices will drop. But even if y0our not buying now, it is smart to read around the site, get a good idea of what ur gonna buy, get comments on it. and read on overclocking ( if u dont know how).

Keadonen said:
and what is better, amd or intel? cuase im no expert on this stuff :)
That really depends on what you want to do with your comp. Go with AMD if your going to be gaming mostley, and INTEL if your doing normal apps. Since your going to be overclocking, go with AMD and playing bf2.

As for the other parts, wait untill you have all the money saved up and come back then. Prices change all the time so its hard to make a build for the future. :)

Wait until you get the full amount of money you want for a budget and then i would start reading reviews and searching around for good parts so you can have an idea of what you want and what your going to use it for and what you are going to do with it and then form there you should be set and always reviews and stuff help alot.

start now by reading all you can and learning all you can. askk a lot of questions if you dont know what something does these folks will help.i've been cramming info for the past three weeks and have learned a lot. you will never know to much. enjoy learning. go to monarhcomputer.com and cyberpowerpc.com and build some then go to newegg.com and pick out similar parts and learn what they all do. and see the price difference that will give you a goal to save towards.

have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom