System Restore Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekie404

Solid State Member
I recently got a new HDD and transferred all my date from the old to the new one. Everything went fine....everything works except system restore. WHen i try to run it, it says "system restore has encounted a problem and needs to close."

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
Tekie

yeah i have done that. i ran spyware and virus scan...got rid of spyware...didnt have any viruses.

I have more than enough hard drive space...150 free gigs. so that cant be the problem.

any other ideas? is there any way to download system restore from microsoft?

Law said:
Did it give you any error code, parameter or link to why it terminated?

it doesnt say anything except System Restore has encountered a problem and needs to close.

But I checked the error report. I will attach it.

its not reinstalling. you still have your old documents, programs, and settings. It just restores the WINDOWS folder to stock.

talldude123 said:
its not reinstalling. you still have your old documents, programs, and settings. It just restores the WINDOWS folder to stock.

Oh, my bad, i guess i misread that. well i guess that solves my problem. i could do that...i just gotta find the windows cd. could i use any windows cd? or the one that came with the computer? i dont think it matters...i guess ill do that.

thanks tallboy,
i appreciate it.

tekie

it has to be the one that came with your computer.

However, if you want to reformat, you could use any CD, as long as you have a serial number, which is probably on the side of your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom