I need a router for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
Hi guys :D

I'm going to need a router to connect 2 computers to 1 cable modem for gaming (BF2).

What non-wireless router should I buy?

Will using 2 computers with 1 cable modem, slow the connection?

D-Link makes a line of routers that's specific to gaming and gives really low latencies. That's prolly gonna be your best bet, they're supposed to be really nice.

Thanks guys :)

I checked out the D-link gaming router and it's $110 :eek: Do I really need 1000mbs?

What would be a step down from the D-link gaming router?

I have a WRT54GS, and i have two computers hooked directly to it and one wirelessly, and its awesome :D

There is no need for the 1000mb/s especially when the network card in the PC's will probally only support 100mb/s.

I really like the Speedtouch routers (sleek looking.) and I have no problems running a PC and a Xbox 360 off of it at the same time with low latencies in games.

No, you don't need that expensive router. All you need for gaming is the $20 Gigafast EE410-R. I have it; it's great. The latencies on traceroutes are excellent, it has a built in firewall, and it supports port fowarding. Another plus, is the fact that my downstream speed is 2-3mb/s faster with the router than without it, and no I'm not kidding on this one. I can't understand why, but hey-- free upgrade.

It's susposed to be 6MB/s, but with the router plugged in, I get 7-8mb/s, I've even seen it as high as 9.1mb/s. Without the router I get 4-5mb/s.

Does the connection speed slow when 2 computers are gaming(BF2) at the same time on 1 modem with a router?

Can I really buy a cheap router and get the same online gaming performance as an expensive one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom