Slow downs in Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBUDDY

Baseband Member
OK i have been noticing that im gettin frame rate drops in games, i have all the newest drivers and bios for my system, all clean format and everything and everything running stock so no OC here.Example of slows downs mostly in CS:s when i go to a outside map it drops to 30-40 fps from usuall 70-80 fps, and it goes same for other games!

Specs
amd 64 3200 winchester
2 gig ocz
6800gt
audigy2 plat
A8V dlx rev2
550 psu by antec
xp pro sp2

How big are the servers you are playing on? Sometimes you might need to drop the graphics on something like that. I mean, I don't think you'll notice a HUGE difference if you set some of the other settings to medium or so, if they are all on high I assume. I do mean setting them to medium (or whatever step below what you currently have) as in, set the graphics down to the area that affects you. So if its outside, trying dropping the lighting and other 'outside' textures that would affect it.

Originally I was going to say scan for trojans, viruses, and spyware if you haven't already, but I presume you have. Also, try defragmenting, that worked a while back for me when BF2 was acting up. Of course, you are on a newly formatted HDD. I don't know, try doing all of that anyhow if nothing else works. Sometimes on a fresh install you could skip an update here or there and be VERY vulnerable. I always get the Windows Updates first and I have all my anti-virus/spyware/adaware programs on an external HDD which I install right after all the Windows Updates before I even touch the internet. Then I scan with all of them even on the fresh install and make sure everything is secure. Then I start using the computer normally; haven't had any problems using that procedure yet.

tried all tat, the servers are mostly anywhere from 10-30 players more or less makes no diff still slows down

You positive you have all the updates and drivers, and for that matter, the correct ones? I'm not trying to downtalk you at all, don't misunderstand me. I know I've made simple little 'miss-click' mistakes before.

Yea man, everything is up to date, i got the via 4-1 drivers for the mb and everything

You haven't changed any hardware or anything? You sure all of your settings for the game are the same as they were back before you reformatted?

yep, unless i havent changed somtin settings for ma raptor, but i dont remember chaging anything for that besides tat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom