New 7900GT not working in my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey i just got a new PCI-e 7900 GT and when i put it in it doesnt display any output now ive decided that is most likley because it is a bad card so im in the process of sending it back and getting a replacement right now but the card has a extra power source that u need to plug in and the adapter that came with it has two power cords that branches off but the one that i used on my card is ment for graphics card power aswell but there is only one cord directly to the powersuply and the adapter has 2. im getting the replacement but incase that one doesnt work too i was wondering if this mattered that much.

example first pic came with the card second is the one i used in my case:

power1.jpg
power2.jpg

its more than likely a bad PSU. How many watts is it?

Off Topic: Nice PC, good to see somebody with Intel on here!

how do you know its an intel? it could be an overclocked fx-60. i wouldnt be surprised if he had that, seeing as how he has the best video card right now.

thanx. its actually an intel pentuim D hahahaha and i forgot what powersuply i have lol i think its 500-550 WATT somewhere around there

even if i overclock it it comes no where close to the 7900 the most i get on the 6800 is a 480 mhz core clock and 880 mhz memory clock where as the 7900 GT gets 550mhz core clock 1500mhz memory clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom