system restore not creat restore point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
selina said:
I really don't know where to look.
when I try to creat a restore point in Sytem Restore, it goes all it's supposed to til the end except for it doesn't confirm that the point is saved. And there IS no point saved when I go back to check it.
Somehow it may be disabled but I don't know from where.
Please help!

** i've attached the screenshot of the last screen in system restore after trying to create a point:

guess what, system restore started with ME. does that tell you anything? BILL GATES SCREWED UP AGAIN. because he didn't keep it simple. WHY? $. DISABLE SYSTEM RESTORE, AND JUST USE REPAIR WHEN **** HAPPENS

**** BILL GATES AND THE PIG HE RODE IN ON, HE'S GAY

I found this out.
on the brand new HP laptop, system restore acts wierd when i put it in a domain but as soon as i put it back in workgroup, it's fine.
does it mean it's conflicting with something? or some setting/configuration in domain is disabling/hiding the system restore?

Do the following:

Run MMC.exe
File->add/remove snapin
Click Add on the new window
From the list, Select Resultant set of policy, click add then close.
click OK
on the Console Root window, right click on Resultant set of Policy, select Generate RSOP data.
Click Next on thw wizard, next, next, next, then next one more time on the Summary of Selections screen. This will collect the data for you.
Once it's done, click finish.
Expand out the tree. Look under Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\system\
Do you see System restore there? what is it set to?

HI, Inaris.
I didn't find Administrative Templates/System under COmputer Configuration. But instead, I went to \\Console Rot\Administrator on My Computer - RSoP\Windows Settings\Security Settings\System Services and ont he right pane, I found System Restore Service. Its Startup is set to "Not defined" and its Permission is also set to "Not defined".

But when I go to Properties, it says Disabled but it doesn't let me change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom