administrator name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
hi, quick quesion.
we are planning on changing administrator name to something other than "Administrator" (by default) on running servers. Does it effect any operation? If so, how?

The reason we are changing the name is that there is a request from our parent company. They seem to think it's more secured with non-default admin name....

Changing the default Administrator account is recommended, but is not absolutely safe. There is no negative affect that I can think off. At my place we make a dummie account call Administrator, but we renamed the default to something else that only the boss and I know.

When I said it's not absolutely safe, I meant that a geek could tell what account is the administrator by the last 3 digit of the SID.

We do the same. Only we rename the Guest account to administrator, and create another. what he says is true about the account stuff too. Plus there are tools and such that are avaialbe. Physical access is the rule on that. One thing to note... If you change it on workstations and use sysprep, you can't set the password in sysprep. It won't work.

Good luck

So by us changing the admin name to something other than "Administrator", it won't put us in danger, correct?

Inaris said:
We do the same. Only we rename the Guest account to administrator, and create another. what he says is true about the account stuff too. Plus there are tools and such that are avaialbe. Physical access is the rule on that. One thing to note... If you change it on workstations and use sysprep, you can't set the password in sysprep. It won't work.

Good luck

what do you mean by set the password in sysprep?

When i change my name from adminstrator it messes up all of my documents and such.... it really stinks! But, i have a an uncrackable password!!!!!! Muhahahaha

what are the components/application that are run by administrator rather than any accounts in admin group?

bsnyder100 said:
When i change my name from adminstrator it messes up all of my documents and such.... it really stinks! But, i have a an uncrackable password!!!!!! Muhahahaha

move the document location back to your old one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom