Hard drives reads wrong size

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk6969

Solid State Member
Ive just purchased a 250gb hard drive with new system and installed win xp on it and it shows it is 127gb. In bios it says it is 250gb, can anyone please help me on this i cant find what to do when i know its a setting in bios but can someone please tell me it?
Thanks

I tried to click on the icon for win xp fix and it didnt work page musta been shut down? but could someone maybe lead me through on what to do i know somewhat on this stuff but am a bit of a noob. Any help would be great

you need to download service pack 2. i'm guessing the link you clicked on was the one about enabling 48 bit LBA? ahhh silly me, i forgot to ask about your pc. could you please list your specs. if your hardware is up to scratch then all you will need is service pack 1 or 2 and you're good to go

edit: thanks for telling me about the link, i'll have to fix that

Its brand new system 2.93 celeron 1G ddr i have a updated win xp service pack 3 so i have everything up to date and the drive still reads 127 what setting is in bios that i have to change?

Ok i have found the partion now i think updates did it but when i try to create a new partion an error comes up:
The disk configuration operation did not complete. Check system event log for errors.verify status of drive. restart computer

I tried restarting.. same error ? what could the problem be

if i make this drivedynamic will it delete everyhting on it already and my OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom