The question... Mac or Windows OS (overall)?

What color Aspire X-Qpack to mod?

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Red

• Silver

• Yellow

• Blue

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a powerbook g4 and then my custom comp with windows xp. i love my powerbook, it is soooo sturdy. i cannot tell you how many times i have dropped this thing and it still works great. but i have to say the lack of programs that support mac osx is a turn off. windows also does have its turn offs. the annoying pop ups at the bottom of the screen (though os x have it too). overall i would have to go with windows, just because of the simplicity.

Okay Macs are not more stable. Lets get this fantasy out of everyone mind right now. Give it up they are as stable as Charles Manson.

Proof:

The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team released its year-end summary of computer vulnerabilities. While Windows is regarded as the most insecure operating system, the US-CERT found four times as many vulnerabilities specifically related to Unix and Linux. Of 5,198 reported flaws, 812 were for the Windows, 2,328 for Unix and Linux, and 2,058 more affected more than one operating system.

Source: BetaNews

So as you see OS X is based off of Unix/Linux which had more flaws found last year than Windows. So everyone needs to get this fantasy out of their head that OS X is safer. It isnt. It just isnt attacked as much as XP is. Which that is changing now that they are on Intel chips.

So it all comes down to preference. XP is for gaming and video editing among other things. While OS X is mainly for video editing and someother things but no gaming.

bsnyder100 said:
osx is more stable... trust me...

Not at all..trust me. I've dealt with over 500 OSX Macs in a network env and they lock up so much and get that "rainbow spinning wheel" sooo muchh and are reboooted about every 2 hours..not sure how this would be considered as stable. As I mentioned perhaps in a home they may be stable, but this isnt what I work with.

Different situations would surely have differnt opinions however.

Win2kpatcher said:
Not at all..trust me. I've dealt with over 500 OSX Macs in a network env and they lock up so much and get that "rainbow spinning wheel" sooo muchh and are reboooted about every 2 hours..not sure how this would be considered as stable. As I mentioned perhaps in a home they may be stable, but this isnt what I work with.

Different situations would surely have differnt opinions however.
Let me guess; they're all running 10.1 or .2. Yeah, those had the suckiest networking capabilities ever.

But .3 and .4 have changed and improved networking a lot.

But the fact still remains. Unix and Linux based systems have had more flaws found in thme in the past year the Windows. Since OS X is based off of Unix it is safe to say that they share some of those flaws.

Plus i have seen more news feeds about Apple doing updates due to flaws than Windows. Yes Windows does do their 2nd Tuesday of the month updates. But at least they are attempting to fix all the flaws taht are found.

Also when OS X gets as main stream as XP or even ME for htat matter then we will argue which is better. Since the OS is not targeted doesnt make it safer. What happens when it does get targeted?

Overall Windows is a easy OS to use. If you know what you are doing. I am able to fix any problems that arise and such. I have only had to format and lose info 3 times since i got this machine over a year ago. All those were my fault for testing Beta software.

The past few weeks/months I've been using Linux as my main OS something I thought I could never trully do, breaking away from windows is difficult but you just need to find a decent distro. I've tried 5 till I found one I liked SUSE, Fedora Mandriva, Slackware, DSL, Gentoo.

Though if you want things to work on your first try your best bet is to use windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom