Weird refresh rates and dodgy screen res.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge_00

In Runtime
Here's the problem it isn't major so if anybody has any ideas on how to solve this it be great. Also will help your karma!!!

Okay here's the deal, replaced Video card in a compaq system switched nvidia to ati
MSI gf4 ti4200 to a Sapphire 9600xt, did complete removal of video drivers (driverclean and Det RIP to get rid of any remnant Nvidia stuff.)

Installed the video card no problems, but when the resolution is below 1024 by 768 the monitor starts losing it the vertical and horizontal hold lose it, and it becomes interlaced with a noticeable refresh rate slow. This happens on the Boot up of XP, which the screen is split down the middle by a large black edge. THe right side of the screen is on the left handside and vice versa. Now to correct this if i just switch the monitor on and off this is corrected. This only happens when the resolution drops below 1024*768, i have changed everyone of the refresh rates and that just changes the vertical and horizontal hold when it plays up.

The screen is in perfect condition, all i can put it down to is a simple driver prob. But if anybody had any similiar situations and problems occur to them, SHOUT OUT TO ME!!!!

Cheers and thanks for all that lend a hand, champs!!!!

Well first suspect has to be the monitor, Is it a CRT? can you try it with another computer or try another monitor with this computer?

no the monitor is all good.... It works with every other computer system tried...

The refreshs and the like seem to happen only on some programs which is just weird.

Thanks for the advice.. Keep it coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom