Component order of assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

My first computer build. I have all my components.

1. What is the preferred order to put everything together?

2. I plan to assemble everything on a wood table on a tile floor...any static hazards I need to worry about? Certain types of clothing not to wear?

3. Anything else I should be concerned about/any advice?

Thank you!

im building my first computer now too i havent got all the parts yet. What i would do is probably first put the PSU in the case if it aint in already then the mobo and the rest of that ****. Make sure that u ground yourself to the case.

hmmm...

well... there are several ways to ground your self..

touch something metal... perhaps wrap a wire around your wrist and connect the other end to the computer case...

and as for the order to build...

others oppinions may be different... but I would:

1 install the motherboard

2 plug in hard drive lights and power/reset buttons (follow manual to make sure it's right)
(newer cases usually have usb and audio ports to plug in aswell.. consult the manual on where to plug them into the motherboard)

3 install processor

4 install psu

5 install hard drives and optical drives... (if installing an all in one card reader , follow instructions carefully to plug them into the motherboard)

6 install ram

7 then pci, agp, pci-e cards...

8 and finally plug the psu into everything (do a bit of cord management)

turn it on and hope it works... lol

I never grounded myself... haven't had any trouble yet. Am I just lucky or what? I mean, that just stops an electrical shock from shorting on me rather then the metal of the case right?

mnelson07 said:
I never grounded myself... haven't had any trouble yet. Am I just lucky or what? I mean, that just stops an electrical shock from shorting on me rather then the metal of the case right?

same here... some will say it's neccessary though...

If I was to buy $1000+ worth of computer parts... then I would ground myself...

otherwise... I don't think it makes a difference...

wait so what do u do, just touch something metal? and the electricity will go to the metal? but isnt it bad to touch ur case because it might do something to the components touching the mobo wouldn it?

When you take off the casing or side panel touch touch the metal bit, obviously it wont be near your pc when you do this.

Also if you have a radiator that will work too I think. You can also buy static wrist bands.

try to avoid carpets or wearing socks and dont wear fluffly clothes or rub your hands on your self alot :)

Thanks a lot everybody, appreciate your help. I am basically touching my metal case while I sit on some tile and assemble the computer.

i'm gonna take a copper wire and tie the bare metal around my ankle then run the other end outside to the ground wire from my electic box and then build. gonna have to much invested to chance it.

really if you just put one hand on the case and never remove it. you'll be good the whole build !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom