please tell me some thing about cookies of ie explorer!!!please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafLeaves

Baseband Member
when i play with internet and browse the wetsites.often show the message about something one's privacy.And say your cookies will be done something ,and etc.I dont know what is the message means.who could explain the phenomena and cookies.
thanks a million.

cookies are just a tracking file..mainly used for good, but can also be used for bad. For instance when you logon to this website and click save password and such..all these settings are saved in a cookie file so that you do not have to re-enter info each time..It will remember things like last viewed thread..etc etc..just basic settings.

That privacy message you are getting is fine..basically its saying that the your security settings are set to high so its unable to create the cookie file. Some sites use it for evil and log all your internet events and sell it to adv companies..pooop! aghh well. Thats just an overview...others may have more detail to share.

my friend,i am glad to know your overview about the cookies and privacy.But i want to know where is the cookies files.means its location in a computer operating system.anyway,i am happy to share with your overview and explain.

for your instance,cookies is a password record memory file.if one's important password, for example bank password,leave in other computer or net cafe ,it is really danger.

But the computer in one's home,for example the password about one's mailbox, using the cookies file save password setting is good.Reenter information each time is bored,especial the web sites like the mailbox is often opened.and the frequence is so many to open.anyway, everything has advantage and disadvantage two aspect.Do you think so ,my friend?

LeafLeaves said:
my friend,i am glad to know your overview about the cookies and privacy.But i want to know where is the cookies files.means its location in a computer operating system.anyway,i am happy to share with your overview and explain.

Go to Internet Options and on your "general" tab right in the middle is the option to clear your cookies and your cache.

As for your passwords that you use if you feel that you don't want some one finding them on your computer then don't have them remeber your password and that will save you the problem..

m3z.you quote my sentence to answer me.thank you .
you tell me the options about deleting the cookies contents.thanks.i am happy to clean that.

LeafLeaves said:
for your instance,cookies is a password record memory file.if one's important password, for example bank password,leave in other computer or net cafe ,it is really danger.

I wouldnt worry too much about that...the only time passwords are saved in a cookie is when you tell it to save it..If the online bank is good it will be a secure website and a secure website such as a bank etc etc will NEVER ask you to store or remember your password for security issues obvisouly.

Speaking in simpler terms, cookies are text files that are transferred on to ur computer by certain websites when u visit them. These files are read by the website when the next time u visit the website. The text file may have information about when did u visit last, ur password sometimes, what were u looking for on the webpage, etc.

cookies are located in either:
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Cookies
Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003
or
C:\Windows\Profiles\your user name\Cookies
< or =Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom