****ing DELL!!! >=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is old news lol ...

Also, you won't notice any difference in the products sold by Dell or Alienware in terms of interactions between the two. Dell bought Alienware and owns them, but Alienware still operates with the same important staff.

RicoDirenzo said:
[B 56 billion in total revenues.........man.....must be a whole bunch of Dell's out there. [/B]

dont forget that dell has deals with a ton of schools and busnisses, and dont forget they always have computers on sale for around 300$, they might be celerons but they're still good for basic use and there are alot of families that cannot afford anything over about 300$ for a computer. and with the buyout of alienware, dell is gonna take all the money from the rich families that like to spoil their kids with $5000 prebuilt computers with the same specs of a custom built computer that costs all of $2500.

God **** i wouild love to own dell right about now, exept for the entire PC gaming community hating me.

ok first of all, this is not old news, it happened yesterday, second of all dell does not sell cheap because they love the poor, they sell cheap because they need a *cheap* (not-so)stable base product. and if you really need a computer and cant afford much, there are way better ways then dell, there are thousands of used *outdated* computers running windows 2k that'll word process and access internet as good as any and by buying them you not only help a private seller out, you make dell make less pcs that will polute our environment.
If dell really wanted to help people out they could start a program to reduce prices on their computers for poor families with kids or working adults that need puters, and they could use higher quality parts. Dell just uses the cheapest it can get away with so that they will have a huge profit margin

for the price range? ill bet it does. ill bet the motherboard is relatively low quality compared to any other quad sli board and the psu is prolly like a 480w DELL (equivalent to a 350w anything else) and the only reason ne thing else will be better is cause dell couldnt get a special contract with the maker for a cheaper version. not only that but that dell is like 3k overpriced at least just for the parts in it. like i mean you can reproduce everything except for the paint job for cheaper (ill bet they got that guy to design the paintjob and 12 yr old chinese girls actually paint your rig.)

Mmm nah ...

They'll only produce a limited amount of these, so no need for mass production painting by using chinese girls.

MrZucchiniHead said:
dont forget that dell has deals with a ton of schools and busnisses,

Also, a huge chuck of the US Federal & State Goverment offices as well as with-in Health Care, "Hospitals, Doctors Offices and Dentists Offices."

See, Dell has two sectors main sectors, "Home/Home Office" and "Business" Up until now Dell has established any type of "Gaming" Sector. Which they are now trying to establish. They realized that a good number of Gamers are out there and it's a market they haven't been able to compete in. But, now they are trying to put together a , "Smoke Screen" if you will and show people, "Hey, we can build insane Gaming PC's." Here's our Renegade 600 for $9960. Call us at 1-800-247-2059 to order your LIMITED EDITION Renegade.

I'm telling you, they aren't selling these things main stream. It's a marketing fluff job, to define their presence in the Gaming Industry.
It's a flagship gaming PC to define their sector.

"Look we've got insane components, latest insane technologies and we even have a "MODDED" paint job for you. Which probably costs a fortune to paint that case. Automotive paint is super expensive when it's high quality. Not to mention the labor of actually hand painting those cases. A buddy of mine just got his harley done and it cost him over $400. And it wasn't painted by a legend.

They are simply trying to carve their way into the hearts and minds of gamers. Their purchase of Alienware is proof in the pudding. They are trying to gain more exceptence amongst gamers. Do you think Dell doesn't have people that have been to forums like this and seen what "DIY'ers" think about Dell?

I agree with you Havoc, it's all so stupid though. Sure the Renegade is awesome, if you forget about the price tag. The rest of their gaming computers suck. I hope your reading this now Dell so you finally improve the quality of your computer altogether, or at least your gaming ones!

man, my thread must've just drove into lawrence cuz it just got jacked :p seriously though, my point was that all dell can do to alienware is hurt it. sure it'll get more publicity but the 2 guys that founded are losing sight of their dream to a cheap mass produced company for a few bucks. i mean WTF?! i just hate Dell even more now and i thought alienware was better than that. at least when they overcharge they do it for nice stuff and all the care that goes into making those rigs, not *just* for insane profits

for the price range? ill bet it does. ill bet the motherboard is relatively low quality compared to any other quad sli board and the psu is prolly like a 480w DELL (equivalent to a 350w anything else) and the only reason ne thing else will be better is cause dell couldnt get a special contract with the maker for a cheaper version. not only that but that dell is like 3k overpriced at least just for the parts in it. like i mean you can reproduce everything except for the paint job for cheaper (ill bet they got that guy to design the paintjob and 12 yr old chinese girls actually paint your rig.)
Uh no. Sorry. It has a 650watt psu PLUS 2 150watt power bricks. The mobo would be the same as say any top grade Alienware. You also gotta take into consideration that it comes w/ a 30" Dell LCD and an already over priced Intel Extreme Edition thats also overclocked. Gotta pay more for that. Not to mention the fact that its quad SLI AND it comes w/ a PhysX card and the top of the line Creative X-FI Fatal1ty w/ front panel. Not to mention all the HD space and blah blah. You also gotta pay the stupid *** that painted the thing too. Yea, it all adds up so quit bashing it. Im no Dell fan but still, its a **** of a rig for a **** of a price. Also, Dell is American, so no 12y/o Chinese girls thank you.
man, my thread must've just drove into lawrence cuz it just got jacked :p seriously though, my point was that all dell can do to alienware is hurt it. sure it'll get more publicity but the 2 guys that founded are losing sight of their dream to a cheap mass produced company for a few bucks. i mean WTF?! i just hate Dell even more now and i thought alienware was better than that. at least when they overcharge they do it for nice stuff and all the care that goes into making those rigs, not *just* for insane profits
Um no again. THey just gave Alienware a **** load of money and if these two guys had a 'dream' of making cheap awesome computers well they failed horribly. All Alienware computers are as bad as this Renegade because they are extremely overpriced. Dell IS giving them more publicity and Dell wont be doing anything to the Alienware name anyways so there is no way of "hurting" them at all. Also if your gonna overcharge me for "nice" stuff then i better have a **** DFI board and a good eVGA card w/ some decent ram. Bah is what i say to the both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom