Cant write to a DVD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheif1231

Baseband Member
Hello everyone!!!

I was trying to make a data cd to put on my new hdd, but when i drag the file over to the DVD-RW folder to be written, it gives an error message. It says CONFIRM STREAM LOSS and then it says something like it has some "info attatched to it that might be lost if i continue copying but the contents of the file will not be affected". If i hit yes it will copy it to the folder. So i said ok...then i started copying other things and then i got this error "Problem Copying" "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. what do you want windows to do? Retry or Cancel" If i hit retry the same message comes up again. This doesnt make sense because i was able to copy to this exact type of cd before i formatted my computer for the first time. Please help!!! Thank you in advance!!

Confirm Stream Loss - :Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA

The information in this article applies to:
Easy Media Creator 8

Applicable Operating Systems:
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP Home / Pro / Media Center
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Issue:

As a part of Easy Media Creator 8, the RoxWatch application stores metadata as part of a file that is located within an alternate data stream. When a file is indexed by RoxWatch so that it is accessible through Media Manager, there is an alternate data stream added. This information is similiar to a virtual sticky note. This virtual sticky note contains a unique identification number which is assigned to media files on your hard drive. Only media files which are indexed by RoxWatch will contain this information.

This feature assists users who move files to new locations on their hard drive by automatically updating their location. VideoWave and MyDVD projects for example contain pointers to images and videos that have been added to a project. If you move a file from one indexed location to another, typically when you attempt to open your saved project that image or video that was added will be missing in the project.

With this tagging however, once the new the file is indexed by RoxWatch your projects will automatically point to the new location of the files.

The unique identifier or tag is only unique to your computer, the same identification tag may exist on another customers computer for a different file. This information is only useful on your computer and as such does not exist and is not transferred anywhere else.

Solution:

These data streams, sometimes called NTFS data streams, can only exist on NTFS hard disk partitions.

If you e-mail a file, the data stream is not included.

When you burn a file to CD/DVD, the data stream is not included.

If you attempt to copy a file which contains a data stream to a non-NTFS drive or USB storage device such as a USB memory key, you may receive you may receive the following error message:

Confirm Stream Loss
The file "filename.avi" has extra information attached to it that might be
lost if you continue copying. The contents of the file will not be
affected. Information that might be lost includes:

:Roxio: EMC Stream:$DATA

Do you want to proceed anyway?

To continue you should choose the "Yes" option and only the extra information that is tagged to this file will be removed as it is copied. This is working as designed, the tagging information can only be stored on NTFS partitions.

If you wish to stop this information from being created, you will need to right click on the RoxWatch or Media Manager Services icon in your system tray and choose "Stop Watching Folders". If you have hidden the system tray icon, you can access these options in the Media Manager application.

Technical information on alternate or multiple data streams is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...kc_fil_xurt.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom