interesting problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster90

Solid State Member
Hello everyone dont know if this belongs here but anyway...
I recently bought a new computer and it was working fine at first but now i keep getting the same problem: the startup goes fine but then when the windows xp blue login screen shows the mouse and keyboard freeze-none of the buttons work and you cant move the cursor...
Anyone know what the problem might be?
And yes im a total noob at computers :(

The computer is not new but it was working absolutely fine before...dont know what happened...i might have deleted some files because it had a lot of useless stuff on but i was carereful not to touch any important files...

@kilians: what should I do in safe mode?
please give some more specific instructions...because i really dont know much about computers and havent really encountered a big problem before.

it happened to me recently and took me while to figure it out....it was just any unbootable CD in the drive made windows to not start up. i took all the secondary and other boot option in BIOS to "disabled".then it all fixed. just leave the primarily boot drive to ur system HD. try this and let us know.

ok boomstick could you just post in steps what i should do...I said like 2 times im not good in computers:)

errr..it depends on what BIOS u have...but there should be some option that u can choose what the bootable devices are set. usually called boot priority settng or bootable option or something like that. (HD,optical drive, floppy, etc...) ur system HD should be the primarily boot disk. cuz it has ur windows on it. and make everything else to "disabled". (like secondary bootdisk, other boot device, etc.) so windows won't look for anything other than HD to boot at the starting. but if u want to boot from CD in the future, u have to make the primarily boot device to "optical drive" from HD, though.

My dad called me and we fixed it using msconfig =)
Its now working fine the thing that was making it do that was "Workstation" very strange actually...but thats the only thing that stop it from loading properly
thank you all for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom