High End Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I wish I could turn time forward 3 months, I cannot, you have to understand my situation, I'm on a 7 year old P.O.S. that is rapidly dying, I simply insist on buying as soon as I can.

Edit: GageMW is quite right as well, this system is not final, more than likely I will be upgrading at some point later on.

http://pos.urbanup.com/1531113

On a side note, after a quick edit on the part of the ram to Corsair XMS Pro this build is almost final, besides the 7:1 surround sound speaker system.

I have started a thread in regards to the speaker system in the Computer Audio & Multimedia section, as I did not know if asking here was the appropriate place. Anywho, if you have a suggestion feel free to head on over.

i disagree on the mouse/kb thing, but w/e you say. if your gonna OC you should get this ram instead http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145028
and that MB will never be in stock again, get either the expert or the SLI-DR plain

and no need for that other thread. there are only two 7.1 computer* speaker sets available, both from creative, one is 1/8th the price and way worse, yours is the better

*there is a way to hook regular surround sound speakers (like used in a movie theatre etc.) up to a computer but itll cost you at least a grand for any decent sound. if youre trying to improve sound quality your best off spending a little more on the expensive x-fi cards, but even that wont make a huge difference.

Gage, I disagree on part of the motherboard. I have found a particular foreign vendor that does not ship internationally, and it just so happens that I have friends in that country. It should prove relatively easy to get my hands on it, thanks for your concern though.

ummm.. kay. i meant newegg was out though.
which vendor? id love to find some of those boards. they sell for a mint

I might tell you after I buy one myself, don't want them running out of stock, now do I? ;)

wait so conroe is s965....cool didnt know that

No, it requires the 965 chipset, but runs on Socket T.

Also, the prices of the other items such as PSU, GPU, Case, ect. can only be cheaper in three months. Patience is a virtue, you'll be hitting yourself next time you want to upgrade to a new processor. Sure, go ahead, buy a high end socket 939 setup. But when Socket AM2 is released, be ready to pay at least $1750 for a new motherboard, CPU and RAM that is high-end and matches or exceeds your current socket 939 setup.

But that's my two cents, I'll give you the facts, you make the decision.

fact is, yea conroe will be cool, but, all the AM2 really means is DDR2 ram which really isnt that great, and a slightly faster processor, and i mean for that you could wait forever, because they'll keep getting faster and you have to pick some time to buy, ppl always say wait, but what really matters is when *you* (the buyer) need the pc.. and apparently he really needs it (7yr old crashing comp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom