Windows freezes when coming out of standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvrdan

Baseband Member
I used to have Windows ME on my gateway and standby used to work fine. Now, with windows xp, everytime i try to wake it up from standby my computer freezes.

by the way, I've had xp for like 2 years, for some reason im just getting around to asking this question now :D

atvrdan said:
I used to have Windows ME on my gateway and standby used to work fine. Now, with windows xp, everytime i try to wake it up from standby my computer freezes.

by the way, I've had xp for like 2 years, for some reason im just getting around to asking this question now :D

And a lot of techs say ME SUCKS?

Re: Re: Windows freezes when coming out of standby

it might be related to some power managment settings in the bios

derrmc said:
And a lot of techs say ME SUCKS?
i totally agree, its the worst windows ever made

does the entire computer go on standby, or just the monitor?

i think the computer is not used to having to use a heavy-RAM OS, its used to windows ME, which is lightweight...

BTW - how much RAM do you have in your system?

i actually did a clean install from windows me so there is nothing left of windows me on it. I used the "upgrade cd" but i formatted my hd and just popped the upgrade disk in there no operating system. It did a full install with the NTFS file system, not the upgraded fat32 that ME used. Our computer originally had 128 mb of ram but we upgraded it to 384mb.

And yes my whole computer acutally goes into standby b/c i can hear the hdd stop spinning and the light on the case changes to the orange color that i did when it was in standby with Windows ME. And yes windows me sucks ***. Thats why we upgraded.

its not the os because since i have had xp, ive formatted my hdd and re-installed it twice becuase of viruses. It has never worked properly. Also VERY seldom standby will work. It's only worked like 2 or 3 times with XP as far as i can remember. All the other times is just freezes coming out of standby.

also, if anyone comes up with a solution, please give me a step-by step instructions if at all possible. Im not the most knowledgable person when it comes to computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom