XfX 7900 RMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
New XfX 7900GT: Powered on the system...looked good initially..........ran 3DMark05 and the first test showed 58 fps and then as the test loaded the card started to artifact and run at 1 FPS and graphics wer unreadable. 2nd test started off really sl0w 6 to 8 FPS and then gradually picked up speed. First bench = 3740. Removbed all the drivers and reformatted the drive (new build so NP). Added cool bits and the card would only OC by 10/25 from 500/750(1500). Called XFX...and asked if it was a burn in issue nad they said no! Good to go at power up or there probably was a GPU or Memory issue with the card. Even though it ran okay after that (7850 to 8100 in 3DMark05) I recided to RMA athe card with Tiger Direct and they were out of stock so they are sending a BFG 7900GT. Am I better off with the BFG?

and here you were doubting us when we said XFX had issues.

BFG is good company......granted things can happen with any company, that card should serve you well

Man...my foot in my mouth does not taste all that good! Given the clock difference of the card...BFG is 475/1350 and the XFX was 550/1500...can I OC that BFG up to or above those Core and Memory frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom