Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allthebadluck

Beta member
I had a motherboard die on me a week ago an sense thenI replaced it. Unfortunately the FSB on my CPU was 800MHz while the highest FSB for the new motherboard was only 533. The computer booted once I installed everything on the motherboard untilt he windows loading screen. The blu bar would only go across once, then halfway then stop. The computer would reboot itself. I didn't notice my mix up until this had happened a few times and then checked over the manual again. I had accidentaly ordered the wrong motherboard. Would a incorrect CPU and Motherboard FSB cause this porblem. Or does it go deeper than this? Thanks

What was the probem with having the wrong motherboard? Do you mean you had a different socket type than what the CPU used, or did you just mean because of the FSB issue?

i think he means just the fsb. and u can have diff fsb values and it shouldnt affect the way ur comp runs so its something else

Yes, the I had a Asus P4P800SE, and they had a habit of when you used the onboard USB for upfront USB ports the chipset would burn, which would cause the rest of the board to follow after. After a few weeks of the board just not being stable it wouldn't boot at all. When I switched the motherboards the system turned on unlike wiht the old motherboard would even get anything beyond that little light turning on.

Driver

in safe mode it says hit esc to cancel loading a347bus and regardless of whether i hit esc or not the computer still reboots

Yah, only thing that could be done was a nice clean install of XP, Which I don;t mind anyway. Because I keep all my files on a seperate partition for just this kind aof situation. And I love setting up a OS for the first time, probably cause I'm weird. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom