I've got the card..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
So, my 7900gtx is here at last. I've never swapped out video cards on my own before. I'm guessing that all I have to do is remove the old card. Put the new card in, fasten it down and plug the power connection into it. That's it, right?

you have to remove the old drivers first then do all that then put the new drivers in if im not mistaken

Ok, open the case, then unscrew the screw that is holding your old card in place. Just yank out the old card, and do with it what you will.
When you place the new card in, there is a slot on the case where a metal tab on your video card has to slide into. Place the card in, and make sure that all the pins are in the slots. Pushing it down may take some pressure, but I find that starting at the back and pressing gently down is the easiest.
Screw the card in, close your case, boot, and enjoy!

P.S. Did you uninstall all of your old drivers? That is an important step that may prevent future headaches.

I havent put the card in yet and Ive done nothing with drivers thus far. So, I'll remove the old drivers first then do the other steps. Does it make a difference though that Im going to be using the EXACT same driver after I install the new card? Because, Im using the very latest nvidia driver right now.

Dante_Caligari said:
Your new card will probably require different drivers, although I am not absolutely sure.

You may be right, but I'm running a 6800 Ultra now. Should be the same new driver for the 7900gtx..........Id think anyway.

By the way, thanks for the help, guys.

Just to be safe I would delete your old drivers any way then install the drivers your company gave you and then go download nvdia's latest drivers and your set for some awsome gaming you lucky whore..

Lord AnthraX said:
Just to be safe I would delete your old drivers any way then install the drivers your company gave you and then go download nvdia's latest drivers and your set for some awsome gaming you lucky whore..

Just so I'm clear on this. Your saying to install the drivers that come on the evga disk to begin with. Then, uninstall those and use the updated drivers from nvidia. Right?

Also, by the looks of the specs in your sig....................doesnt seem like I'm 'that' much luckier than you. :D

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom