CPU Temp Prog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baez

Admin / Dev
Staff member
Anyone know of a good CPU temp checker? It prolly won't work since it will get the same temp as my BIOS but I just want to try something else. Problem is that it's hard to OC properly if the temp is always wrong. When my comp is off for 12 hrs and I just turn it on, it says the temp is at 49C. I got it up to 2.6GHz 145FSB with multiplier at x18 but I don't wanna go any further until I get an accurate CPU temp. Thx.

oh also on another note. how much faster do u think my comp would get if I switched one of my pc2100 sticks for a 3200. I have one of each right now which is pretty stupid. i just realized yesterday lol. i always overlooked it before.

hmm.. i dont know aboutthe ram.. i dont think its like major noticeable maybe an extra fps here...... and the best be .... get your case side open and get an rc temperature checker.. just aim the laser and boom accurate temps.. or oyu can go wiht spped fan or mobo monitor.. but they will use the same temp probe as the bios so.. unless you put your own probe in for liek a fan controller then there most likley going ot be the same

ya well my case has the temp probe as u can see in the pic but it lifts the side of the heatsink when I try to slide it in so i just have attached to my HDD. i just noticed it now cuz before it was reading temps of about 56-62C after an hour on full load which is ok. but as soon as it turns on and its 49? just a little off. how much r the rc temp checkers or anything else that would read accurately?

I think CPU Z will give you some quite accurate CPU temp. The CPU temp in Bios, i think, is just crap.

MysticRose said:
I think CPU Z will give you some quite accurate CPU temp. The CPU temp in Bios, i think, is just crap.
i dont think theres any tempmeter on cpu-z. use everest or speedfan.

No temp monitor in cpu/z, I think you should switch your ram to 3200 because it will make your computer quite a bit faster. Also, your PC2100 stick is bringing that 3200 stick down with it.

well i found speedfan thx boomstick and its pretty good. reading at about 47C right now and i'm only surfing the net so that sounds about right. I gotta update my specs now to the OC'd ones.

also the 2100 shouldnt bring the 3200 down cuz they arent dual channel so they dont work together and dont affect each other. at least thats my understanding.

but ya everyone has been telling me to switch so i'll just get the valueram from ultra on sale for $33 CDN right now. i'm building a brand new rig this summer with the conroes so no point in going all out since i'm just gonna give this one to my parents back home after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom