HP Or Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the idea Dell was a good company because the hardware was excellent, the service outstanding, and I was more than satisfied. That is not the case now, not at all.

Tom

hardware: average quality

service: A-OK with me, at least...

overall: worth buying "cheapo PC's" from them, but an XPS is a waste of money.

my grandmother's dell sucks too, becuase its old...2001

but the dell i have is great, and it was one of the "cheap" models...the only thing i hate is the case, its probably not even metal...

I have an HP desktop. Annoyingly enough, you have to prune the peudo-spyware/just-freaking-annoyingware that comes on it, and it doesn't come with a system restore disk, just a "recovery partition" that's all too easy to engage in case of a problem, but will erase many of your files one way or the other. (You can do a soft restore or a hard restore. Soft restore repairs Windows and deletes your My Documents folder. Hard restore reformats your HDD and returns the machine to its factory condition. I'd definitely call HP and ask them to send you an OEM of whatever OS it has.) HP's do, however, come with solid, lavish hardware.

my stepsister has a new HP, forget the model name, but its a celeron 2.6, 512 RAM, 160 GB hard drive, and its better quality than a dell, and the celeron does not slow it down...

Anything that has AMD processors.

My old 900MHZ AMD HP can perform better than some modern computers using Celeron processors.

i got a 2001 hp, and side by side with a 2003 dell, it beats it hands down.. its a pretty nice pc too, but it could be better. but i gotta say the customer service is excellent. they even sent me a recovery disk(all 3 of em) and all i had to pay was shipping. Dont get me wrong, it has a pentium 3 ~ 1.0ghz and can outpreform some of the 1.5ghz celerons, but the only downside is it can only take up to 512 mb of ram. but with 2 128mb cards in it, it sped it up even faster than with a 256, or a 256 and a 128. the onboard graphics are acceptinal, but it is really better to upgrade. the only thing u need to do to those is wipe the hd and do a clean install of xp r whatever it takes

On the other hand, i had a 2002 dell optiplex that worked great(pen3 @ 1600mhz) that i loved because it was a fast machine(could beat alot of macines that ran about 2.0ghz). but when they dezigned the pc, i guess they were in a rush, and guess what? they messed up on the mobo. i had it for about 3 months and it went kaput and the clock went crazy(1 min took about 3 seconds), so i called up dell and they diagnosed it was the mobo. they sent me the same model one(had to pay for it, cost + shipping) and had best buy put it in, and after about 3 weeks it messed up again. so after that i gave up on it, and when the mobo went out again it took the ps with it. dell's service is about par, but hp's service is better in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom