wires

trifid,

I went with all the plugs writing facing up and this makes

Powled: green+ / black-
speaker: red+5v / green speaker
ide: red+/ black-
powersw: red+/black-
reset: white reset/blackground

Any tips on how to make t4he sata cable stay on the hdd? it slips off super easily.

I might just elec.tape it or something???

yeah its on all the way,.
I bought the sata2 cable for the hdd. (i know i know)
it is a much beefier cable.
the asus (stock) ones fit tight.
It (sata2) has small metal tabs on the top, I bent them out and it helps.

It shouldn't matter that it is SATA2, as they are they share the same cable layout.

I know it doesnt matter that it is sata2 9reverse compatibility)
the layout are the same but the connectors are different (both keyed the same) in construction.
everyone seems to think that the sata2 cable is worthless. I got it to be assured of using the full potential of my hdd. the stock ones are probably just as fast just not rated for sata2 yet. the sata2 cable itsef does look nicer/heavierbigger gauge wire.

Thanks for your help and input

of course it isnt worthless (it just isnt any better than the standard). i believe that the common figure for the speed of electricity along common wire is one foot per nanosecond. the data comes in and out of the HDD as fast as it can, the cable is in no way a limiting factor.

HERE IS THE TRICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORDS ARE ALWAYS UP, each connector has some words printed on it indicating what it is.......

The words always point away from the ground....

Wires

shdwsclan,

This is my first post on my new system!
It works! whada know?

Yep all writing is pointing up/
In a manual it said all pointing towards front so i fuigured at least all the same way and then figured up looked the best.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom