Mobo >>Antec connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I am building my new/first sytem and am ready to power it up but wanted to congfirm something first.

The hdd led/power/reset/speaker etc leads. I see where they go on the Mobo but am not 100% about the direction.

The ASUS manual shows where positive is but the antec doesnot.
On each of the antec leads there is a black and (other color) wire so is the black+

I have assumed this. Also putting them in this way, the plugs smooth side faces eachother rathewr than the side that shows a small exposed part of the contacts.

Also, the lead for the HDD activity led is called IDE LED since I am hooked up via sata will this not work?

Thanks

ummm, to be honest im not sure, i usualy just take a guess, although one time i did damage the power button, but i think thats coz i put the power thing on the connectors, um plug in ur speaker, coz it should only go on one way, and then plug the others in with the writing facing the same way. that is the best advice i can off you about that

and yeh the led will work with your sata hdd's

System Panel Connections

Todd0

Todd0 ummm, to be honest im not sure, i usualy just take a guess, although one time i did damage the power button, but i think thats coz i put the power thing on the connectors, um plug in ur speaker, coz it should only go on one way,

I dont want to guess on my new build!

The speaker and all the other little connectors are non directional.
They all can go either way. On mthe mobo it is just two raw rows of pins (not receptacles) and the panel leads plugs have writing on one side and have a small reveal of the contacts on the other.

Trifid,

So if each individual connector has a black and some other color (red/green/blue etc.) the black is the ground- and the random color is the + ?

So the connectors are connected with the writing facing up towards the top of the case (both rows) ?

In conventional electrical the black is the +

thanks

I have just checked, and it appears I have a mixture.

The Power LED has a black as the positive, but the power switch has a red one in the postive (can't see what colour is the ground for that one as it is blocked by my cabling.) My reset switch has the red as the postive, but I have yet to use this.

System panel connectors

So,

Trifid, did you hook urs up?

I need to get a definitive answer from Antec. I looked at there site for a schematic but could not find one.

Thanks

I have hooked mine up, but it appears that it is in a random order. I got told that colour was positive by an IT administrator I know who builds PC's. Maybe it doesn't matter which way it goes round?

20 pin system panel

These are the antec wires:

Speaker / 4 pin/ 2 wires: 1)red & 1)black
HDD LED/ 2 pin/ 2 wires: 1) black & 1) red
ResetSW/ 2 pin/ 2 wires: 1)black & 1) white
Power led/ 3pin/ 2 wires: 1) black & 1) green
Power sw/ 2 pi/ 2 wires: 1)black & 1)red

In the ASUS manual the
speaker has: +5v/ground/ground/speaker
hdd led has: ide led+/ ide led-
reset has: r:eset/ground
power led has pled+/ pled-
power sw has: power/ground

????

I have just checked again and I was mixing up 2 wires, all my +ve wires are coloured and they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom