Leadtek 7900GTX 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
I am getting the Leadtek 7900GTX 512MB (the none overclcoked one) from overclockers.co.uk. At the start it did say it was in stock but for whatever reason it now days pre-order.

I am wondering whether anyone has any info about when Leadtek will get their lazy *** to release this card in the UK.

Out of those I would say none, I would go for a EVGA (if you can get one in England), Leadtek, of BFG. I don't like ASUS and I'm not so sure about Gainward.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X1900_Series.html I would get the Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT. Personally I like the X1900XT for cheaper price, HQAF, Adaptive AA, and being able to enable HDR w/ AA on most games, where as nvidia cards can't except HL2: Lost Coast. The card performs around the same, the 7900GTX beats it in some things, but I would take better image quality over a couple more FPS.

But i got a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR.. so i dont see the point in getting a ATI card now seeing as i got a Nvidia based motherboard.

And no i cant get the eVGA in england

Beefcake said:
Out of those I would say none, I would go for a EVGA (if you can get one in England), Leadtek, of BFG. I don't like ASUS and I'm not so sure about Gainward.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X1900_Series.html I would get the Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT. Personally I like the X1900XT for cheaper price, HQAF, Adaptive AA, and being able to enable HDR w/ AA on most games, where as nvidia cards can't except HL2: Lost Coast. The card performs around the same, the 7900GTX beats it in some things, but I would take better image quality over a couple more FPS.

why u will get better img quilty with it ATi??
i really don't understand that

Because it has less shimmering (although it's not a big issue for geforce cards), Adaptive AA, HQAF, HDR + AA. Geforce does have transparent AA, but it isn't that great; I barely notice it on my friends 7800GT, and I saw a little shimmering in some games (agian, not a big deal).

You don't officially get eVGA in any other countries apart from the US. The BFG is at the same standard as eVGA.

The GAINWARD would be tempting as well.

I don't like that green PCB though.

My main issue is stock -The only ones supposably in stock (i say supposably because when i ordered the Leadtek it was in stock but oc said it werent):

- OcUK GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-038-OK)
- Gainward BLISS Geforce 7900 GTX 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-029-GW)

I'm still not sure about ATI - i just see it as a bit stupid if i got a ATI based SLI motherboard and then to limit myself ... as who knows i might buy SLI when its cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom