fx5200 possibly worst card ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's really not that bad in all honesty, people just make it out to be bad i think. i don't have to use it anymore though, i built my computer. i'm using the 7900gt :)

Well lucky you then! Lol. Ive used 2 FX5200s and ive fried both of them. They sucked so bad the integrated video on my old net machine monitor was better!

M733mhz said:
I have that card, It's not that bad, it runs the games I need it to: The Suffering, counter strike and such. The only problem I came across with it is it tends to get hot quick because the fan on it is absolutely horrible. I'll probably be sticking with this thing until my next build atleast.

Mine doesn't even have a fan, lol.
I replaced my PoV FX5200 128MB with my Leadtek Ti4200 64MB. Primarely because the FX5200 is broken and displays weird lines at higher refresh rates or high resolutions. The Ti4200 runs faster, but it takes a bit longer to get smooth, probably because of the lower memory. The Ti4200 also has higher clock speeds. It's a Leadtek Winfast A250LE Ti4200, which stands for "Light Edition" I guess?

2. The MX family is worser then the FX...
you're comparing two different generations there.

And yeah, the FX5200 IS that bad....it doesn't come close to being meant for gaming. Most of the people who say it ran stuff fine doesn't realize that it automatically turns off a lot of the eye candy, ESPECIALLY in a game like CoD2......I'm sorry but theres no way in 'heck' that an FX5200 played Cod2 at 'relatively high settings'......for one, it defaults down to DX8 so theres eye candy gone right there.

infiltrator7 said:
my dad has a fx5200 in his computer, and before i got this one i used to play COD2 on it with fairly high settings. it was a pentium 3.0. the only game i couldn't play was AOE 3, granted i haven't tried BF2 or FEAR or anything on it - it'd prolly die.

COD2 runs fine for u because it is running on DX7. If u switch it to DX9, ur fx5200 will not handle it.

ya the fx5200 really is bad. just look at the benchmarks i posted at the top and its proof. so many ppl got screwed over with that card. every game runs so much better now. they should have a recall or something

And yeah, the FX5200 IS that bad....it doesn't come close to being meant for gaming. Most of the people who say it ran stuff fine doesn't realize that it automatically turns off a lot of the eye candy, ESPECIALLY in a game like CoD2......I'm sorry but theres no way in 'heck' that an FX5200 played Cod2 at 'relatively high settings'......for one, it defaults down to DX8 so theres eye candy gone right there.
Exactly why my Geforce3 TI500 outperforms it :D

maroon1 said:
COD2 runs fine for u because it is running on DX7. If u switch it to DX9, ur fx5200 will not handle it.

yeah i guess so, but it was still playable with decent framrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom