IE7 Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I stupidly downloaded internet explorer seven which I really don't like, and I don't know why I bothered. And I've discovered a particuarly annoying bug. I've put in proxy settings into the settings and now, whenever I get rid of them they come back. They're always there. So now, when I'm away from where I use that proxy programs don't work with the internet, such as Media Player, iTunes, etc etc... it's exceptionally annoying.

So I was wondering, firstly is there any way I can fix this, i.e. an update or something, or is there any way I can downgrade to IE6 as I prefered that? :)

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies,

Charlie -

It should be under add\remove programs. Check the box that says "show windows updates" and it should show up.

In add/remove programs make sure you have the Show Updates checked. From there scroll down. You should see IE7 listed toward the bottom.

I have a particularly bad taste in my mouth about Microsoft. I wil ltrust Microsoft only so far as I can throw the Enpire State Building (and I doubt that I could throw that). I would never consider using anything except their OS, and would like to get off that.

Yes, I use firefox, (sig), but the point is, microsoft is so far up its own *** that all programs seem to take orders from IE, so, my programs all use IE proxy settings which I still can't change by the way, even though I've downgraded to IE6, I always use firefox...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom