Dell starts selling $9,900 overclocked gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny you should be talking about saving money and just overclocking cpus turbo when you have 2 $900 cpus.

When you have $9000 to spend it would be stupid to buy an opty 165 and risk the chance of damaging with just overclocking it, when you could get a fx-60 and have the 2.6ghz guranteed, then with water cooling you couuld pust it even further then an opty 165 could ever reach.

gurusan said:
Of course you could, but Dell has a name/reputation that sells...(for some people, IMO Mike Dell is the antichrist)
I believe that price includes the four year warranty as well. If you build it yourself and something goes wrong, no one will really replace it for you. Some parts do have one year warranty...

Rediculous! I just built a new system with less than $725 and runs eveything I can throw at it at a decent clip. Great frame rates and the 7900GT is running at 45 degrees Centigrade at full load! AMD 3200+ Venice stock, 2 Gigs of value Ram DC, XfX 7900GT 550/1600 oc'd, ABit KN8 SLI. Man, for only $320 more I'd be benching close to 9500+ in 3DMark05...............$9,900......I can build 9 more of of dual 7900gt's! Sheesh.....idiotic!

How did they get DDR2 RAM? I thought that was only available for Mac users at the present.

I will never buy a Dell, especially not this overpriced overkill.
Personally, I think the flames are ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom