Dell starts selling $9,900 overclocked gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
^yes they can just cuz they have lots of money doesn't necisarily mean they have to waste it, i mean if your rich just do your research and build your own AMAZING comp yourself and save yourself some money and having to deal with dell. Just cuz your rich doesn't mean you should be stupid

You think they would put in a window with some sick UV water cooling kit and you know how good of a computer you could build for that price.I mean c'mon that is like 4 awesome computers that could play any game out.My son's has a rich friend and they bought a xps 600 for him and 2 moths later it broke and the warranty was ran out.Plus his comptuer owns any XPS computer, and the awesome part is he built it and he is only 12 go figure. The 4800+ below

I bet you could build a machine from newegg that would beat that.

Phase Change Cooled fx-60 so u can make it 3.6+Ghz or somehting like that.

Ridlyn said:
I bet you could build a machine from newegg that would beat that.

Phase Change Cooled fx-60 so u can make it 3.6+Ghz or somehting like that.

Of course you could, but Dell has a name/reputation that sells...(for some people, IMO Mike Dell is the antichrist)

omfg8ew.gif

WEll what can i say, WOW. Well it has me for graphics power BUT i still have it on RAW GRUNT, I will have to get a hold of one of the phyisics cards, there pretty sweet, but my 2 7800gtx's are good enough for just about any thing. But i must say that is a nice screen but for its size, there will be alot of ghosting on it in high pace games, I am happy with my ViewSonic VX922's, **** even my other VX924 beats that. ALL together I think that is way to much money for that system, plan and simple.

OH AND WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL WITH THE FX-60, can someone explain that to me, for petes sake the fx57 will beat it out in games and you save 200 bucks, and you can buy a dual core opti for cheaper and get as high of a OC out of it and not worry about burrning up a $1000 dollar chip.

You can build a PC that will beat it with the bare essentials... more then half the price. Only thing they have that we can't get yet is the PhysX card. Otherwise:

FX-57: $811
x2 4800+: $630

^ your choice

4x 7900GTX 512MB: $2199
PhsyX Engine Card (not realeased): $300
Sound Blaster X-Fi: $179
2x WD Raptor 150GB: $562
WD Caviar 400GB: $182
2GB GSkill 667MHz: $298
Total: $3720

No monitor, no case, no PSU, no speakers, no keyboard, and no mouse.

But, if we were to add in round figures of decent products these days:

Monitor: $500-800
Case: $100-150
PSU (to support all that): $450
Speakers: $200-300
Keyboard: $50-100
Mouse: $25-75

Therefore, its anywhere from $1350-1875 for a complete non-bare essential system with pretty good specs in my opinion. You can get good stuff in those ranges. I mean:

Thats a nice 20+in. lcd screen or better
A very good case
A huge watt psu
Probably the z5500 speakers
Plus any Logitech keyboard and/or mouse
All of the above listed would fit in that price range.

So:
$3720+$1350 = $5070
$5070+$811 = $5881
$5070+$630 = $5700

$3720+$1875 = $5595
$5595+$811 = $6406
$5595+$630 = $6225

Anywhere from $5700-6225 would be an awesome system that would out-perform that Dell depending upon the accesories and processor you choose; otherwise, it's the same build as the Renegade.

Plus, you could go with water cooling and still come up $3000-4000 cheaper and WAY outperform that overpriced Dell.

Just let the rich people waste their money. No one in my school builds their own computer. They are not rich either, so I really hate to see them waste their money buying from Dell. I tell them, but they think that Dells are great computers and don't believe me when I tell them that you can actually build a computer.

They will realize soon that your computer outperforms their's and they might come join the dark side, or buy another Dell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom