upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
my specs are below...on the left of my sig.

i'm looking to see what kind of upgrades would be smart for around $200-$300.

I'd really like to get some better overclocking RAM... high RAM speed make me giddy. i was thinking this http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820146385

before anyone suggests it, I don't think I need 2gb of RAM yet. I don't play any games that are that crazy and don't have tons of programs running all the time.

I was thinking upgrading my motherboard, but then I would have to backup everyting then do a fresh Windows install and then reinstall everything else, so that's probably out. but if I did I was looking at this...http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131569

any other suggestions? I know people on here like to tell others how to spend their money!!!!

So if you don't play "crazy" games then what DO you do that requires faster RAM?

Honestly I don't think that faster memory will make your computer faster than if you put in 2x1gb of decent memory.

i do alot of music editing which is probably pretty RAM-intensive at times....lots of real time fx too.

plus i just like snappier program response/loading time, etc. it makes a difference in everything you do on the computer really

well...in that case I'd get 2gb of decent ram (i bought some cheaper G.Skill, the one with red heatspreaders and was able to OC it with stock 2.5, 3,3,6 timings at 2.9vdimm).....it cost me 148....

Also a RAID setup would be awesome with loading times.

If you overclock, then go with some Gskill DDR 500 1GB sticks, they cost around $200. It would be nice for OC.

If you dont, then go for some value select RAM or something. The difference between latencies is quite small actually.

lol good idea.....
but i would think that u should get a better graphics card.. if u are sure u really wont be gaming, also more ram is probably needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom