Building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if ur looking at video cards u might want to check out NVIDIA's new 7900. its around $300 on newegg for the cheapest. out of the brands your probably going to want to look for EVGA. they're my favorite. ATI-wise im using the x800GTO and it plays Battlefield 2 on all high. and thats before when i had 512mb of memory and emachines standard motherboard. again, ATI or NVIDIA, the choice is yours. most people consider NVIDIA to be better but there will always be diehard ati fans.

Ya see dam 300 for a G-Card ouch i thats alot for what i am lookin at which is a bummer for me...

i said personal preference so i wouldnt **** off the intel fans. but yeah, amd is better at gaming. and i prefer newegg.

all u need to know is that u need pci express and the more pixel pipelines, the better. also, higher clock is good but u could always overclock.

pci- express is the standard for all gaming. faster than regular pci. its on both mobos i recommended. most video cards that are higher end need to have it. pci-express x16 is the best. u can even put 2 video cards together on the same pc. thats using sli (two NVIDIA cards) or crossfire (two ATI Cards). again, ur mobo must have the ability to do it. just look online for a more detailed tutorial.

See thats the sucky part about the budget. Ok i am 18 still and about to graduate so i get a computer but my parents will only pay about 500 and i have to come up with any extra costs. It blows

u could probably put together a pretty good computer for under $1000. depends what r doing it for. If gaming, focus primarily on the video card and cpu. and make sure the mobo u buy has the ability to upgrade. both one i recommended should be fine. the sound card doesn't have to be fancy. u could probably fine one for $50. memory, at least a gig. either OCZ or Corsair XMS. everything there should cost u about $500-600. a guestimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom