Certificate Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbduballstrs

Baseband Member
Some of my users are having problems exporting their certificates but only when trying to export the private key as well, i can export them without the private key just fine. Does anyone know a way to exportthe certificate without the private key and then create one for it. And I tried Cipher but it doesn't work. These are Gov. Certs from ECA ORC. Thanks

EricB said:
Enlighten me. what is he talking about?

They are just certs he is trying to export as far as I gather :) I just did a quick export and it did not export the private key with it. How exactly are you exporting this through windows?

Im exporting them through IE. When some of the users originally imported their certificates, they didn't make the private key exportable so when i try to export their certificate for back up purposes, it doesn't allow me to export their pirvate key. So I can only export them as a .cer and not a .pfx. Just want to know if it is possible to create a new private key.

Ouch, the problem you're going to have is with its encryption. Problem will be that its crypted. Try calling them: 1-800-816-5548

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom