enough power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should be enough. From my perspective, you only need high power when running dual video card for the most part.

Power supplies that come with some cases are cheap......the only way to tell is wiegh the PSU by itself. If it feels solidly heavy then it will provide you 350w for sure.....but cheaper power supplies are tested, but with minor load and really dont test condtions and you could be getting less than you need......

With the X2 you may be cutting it a little close, so I cant say if it may or may not boot......
When I got a comp from my friend to turn into a server for my own personal use........it had a 1.8 P4, with 256 ram, 1 13 gb, and a 80 gb, a cdrw and a radeon 9200......wouldn't boot on a 300 watt power supply......but at 340 watts it booted up...

So its tough to say......it should be fine though......unless you plan to add other things to it....like pci cards, drives, and fans.......then you will need to upgrade to a much more powerful PSU...........

A cheap PSU can blow away you pc, literally.......also.....you usually pay for effiecienly....and stability....unless you like paying your electrical bill......
Best PSUs = PC power and Cooling
Good PSUs = Antec

So that 500W one wont be enough. I calculated at one site the amount of wattage I will need and it said almost 400w.

why do you hve a regular cd-rom AND dvd-rom. dvd-rom does both so it should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom