Ageia PhysX add-in cards in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, cant wait till games start supporting this.

Buying it right now for the $300 price tag is not worth it, i bet there going to drop the price down in the summer and when christmas rolls around its gonna go back up becuase ut 07 comes out supporting it, and alot of people are going to pick this up with it.

i have a question about this physX card and it kind of applies to SLI what do you connect your monitor to for this new technology and SLI

I thought it was just an add on card. You dont hook anything up to it?
EDIT: Went to their site and i was right. Its just an add in card and you install the drivers blah blah.

Alienware already has them in their 7500's, they use a PCI-e slot. It maybe even PCI-e x16 since it can't be placed on Alienware's SLI'd 7900GTX's, or maybe it's just PCI-e x1 or PCI-e x4 that lays near the PCI-e x16 slots and since the 7900GTX's are so "fat" they "clog" that necessary port.

oh **** anothere expensive thing to put into a new computer couldnt they just intergrate into the vid card or something

yeah completely optional, thats what they said when graphics acceleration was new, hah just wait in 2+ years listed on games minimum reqs it will want a physX card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom