OS Install (dumping image)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case Ghost isn't going to really help you. When you make major changes like that, you can cause more head aches than not.

If you are a system builder, you should have heard of WinPE. Setup an external HDD with WinPE boot, and store the install files on it. That will speed up the install time by 2 to 3 times.

Something you might look at too is this:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/cits/dsd/bdd/bddsp2.mspx#EDAA

Allows you to maintain network based setups rather easily.

Good luck

Win2kpatcher once describe a way to do it with ghost

Me, I make my own unattended xp cd with Nlite

I can you tell you the best approach to take if you can provide a little bit more detail. I recently mass deplyoed XP to about 40 PC's with about 12 variant types of PC's. Its tricky, but doable. First give me a quick run down. How many PC's and how many types. Meaning how badly are they differnt? For this I think we should do a network push of XP...but give this info first and I can provide directions as needed, thanks!

Actism said:
Hello all,

I'm am a system builder and business has been picking up.
Problem though, all the OEM versions of XP Pro are taking too much time for me to install on multiple machines.

Does anyone know if there is a way to drop an image of XP pro to multiple machines from a fast process through DOS?

I know of Xcopy but I'm trying to find out if there is a more simpler/faster way.

Thanks.

HE"S IN A HURRY AND DON'T KNOW WHY?

Symantec LiveState is like Ghost but you don't have to restore to the same PC or Server. I have restored exchange images that we taken from a compaq server and installed it back on dell laptop. Just as long as you have enough hd space it will install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom