buying gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

souprfreak

Beta member
buying this computer to play games wanted to run it by here to see if it looks good

Case ( Raidmax X-1 ATX Mid-tower Case w/420W Power Supply Silver )
Case Lighting ( Neon Light Red )
Power Supply ( ** iBUYPOWER Recommended ** NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply )
Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3700+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
Motherboard ( eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( [Special !!!] 200 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache] )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
Raid Configuration ( None )
CD/DVD Drive ( None )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Beige )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
Fax Modem ( None )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
Floppy Drive ( None )
Monitor ( None )
2nd Monitor ( None )
Keyboard ( Logitech Multi-Media Keyboard Black )
Mouse ( Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black )
Meter Display ( None )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( None )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Professional X64 Edition [w/Free Game - Age of Empires III] )
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner ( None )
IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( None )
USB Flash Drive ( None )
MP3 Player ( None )
TV Tuner ( None )
Video Camera ( None )
Headset ( None )
Power Protection ( None )
Printer ( None )
Printer Cable ( None )
Wireless Network Adapter ( [Special !!!] Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter )

from ibuypower for about 1200 does it look good for gaming?

Build it yourself. Cheaper and easy.
I would go with a AMD64 X2 3800+.
I wouldn't go with that mobo unless its free.
Go with Windows X64 only if you are an advanced user because its no walk in the park (I know).
You need a way better power supply like an Antec TruePower 550W.

Looks a little spendy, but other than that it looks ok.

BTW: Next time you post system specs, write it a little simpler, and we don't need to know all the stuff your not getting i.e.: something: (none) , something 2: (none), something 3: (none). We just need to know the parts that are going to be in the pc.

id prefer not to build it myself and the options on the site are pretty limited these are the other motherboards that i could get

Asus A8N-SLI nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB

Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI nVidia nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB

and power supply

Enermax EG565P 535 Watt Power Supply [SLI-Ready] or case

would these be any better?

spend about 1 or 2 weeks on this website, read the posts, and stickies, you will definitely want to build ur own computer, you will see that u save more money and it is really fun, and with all the help you get on this forum you cant go wrong.

right on john :). ya theres a lot of knowledge on the forums and a lot of helpful ppl. a week here reading all the stuff and u'll be building in no time. it just looks hard. its actually one the easiest thing to do. just have to be careful with the parts. we can help u out

oh also, if the options on the site r that limited then maybe u should be shopping somewhere else. newegg.com is the best place of all. i cant think of too many things that arent on that site

I agree, best to build yourself.....but if you insist on getting a prebuilt I would recommend monarchcomputers.com over ibuypower.....if you insist on that system as above go with that ernemax psu or antec or ocz......get 2gb of ram for sure if your gaming and that 7800gt is great....good luck, we are here for any other help necessary...

Get an asus a8n or msi neo4 board, or even better a DFI lanparty ultra board...

BTW John3, you have a "perfect" system....hows that 7900gt workin for ya....?

saving 75 bucks to build it urself in 20 minutes is still better tho. but ya if u really feel uncomfortable use monarch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom