Really Need Help Please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbon_Fiber

Solid State Member
I just did System Restore on my computer, now it looks lie when I just bought it brand new, well everything was fine wen i was changing my my wallpaper and such when the screen turns red and then the computer shuts down, i start it up again and the sam thing happens, it shuts of by itself. Please help me!!!!

What was the reason that you did a system restore on your computer? Did you have a virus or something? The system restore rolls your PC back to the last time it was backed up.... if it is fairly new, then it could be that it backed up to before you put anything on it...

Also, it seems as though you have 2 different issue? You are going to have to provide more details than this...

When the screen turns red (never heard of RSOD before.. lol) does it give any kind of error message? Are you sure you didn't just make your background red??? more details please.

yes the stock wallpaper was red and saids compaq on it, and when it starts to shut down, it turns blank red then a black screen and shuts down without warning, i system restored my computer because i had(have) a virus, i ddn't do the system restore in the control panel, i did the system restore option when the computer boots up(when you press F10 to go to system restore option) and I did that, my computer looks as if i got it out of the box a year ago, sorry if im not giving you much info, i don't know much about computers :)

Is there any data on the computer that you want to save?
If yes, do you have a CD or DVD burner where you can write the data to disc?
If yes, put that data on disc.

Next, do you have system restore disc's that came with the computer, or an OEM copy of Windows XP? You SHOULD have recieved something from Compaq with Windows on it, and a CD with hardware drivers. If you have the drives, and windows disc, you could format the hard drive, and start fresh.

Have you tried to start the computer in SAFE MODE? Have you run any anti-virus software recently on the computer?

If you didn't recieve ANY disc's from Compaq (assuming you purchased it from them, and not from, say a friend or something like that) I would call Compaq and see if they will mail you what you should have recieved. How long ago did you purchase this PC, and from whom did you purchase it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom